In coaching my weight loss clients, I’ve noticed that the people who are most successful at losing weight and making permanent changes to the way they eat, have these 6 things working for them.
- DESIRE. A burning desire and a definiteness of purpose is the first important thing you need to be successful at weight loss. The kind of desire that grips you and pushes you to take action. If you have sufficient desire to succeed, nothing can stop you from becoming a winner, a leader, or a high performer at anything in life. Indifference toward achieving your goal weight will get you nowhere. You must possess an all-consuming, focussed desire to succeed! Ask yourself: On a scale of 1-10 how important is it for me to achieve my goal? Anything less than a 9 or 10 means that you need to dig deep and focus on WHY your goal is important to you.
- COMMITMENT. Successful people don’t see LCHF as a quick, weight loss diet or a temporary state that they try out until the going gets tough or something more fun to do comes along, like over-eating/over-drinking at their favorite restaurant. Commitment isn’t something you put on hold. Those who are successful at weight loss/weight maintenance consciously make a decision to commit to make this way of eating a life-long solution – and they honor their decision to themselves. To “decide” comes from the Latin word, decidere, which is a combination of two words: … To decide literally means to CUT OFF everything except the things that matter most to you and make them your no. 1 priority, at all times.
- PERSISTENCE. Nothing great was ever achieved from your comfort zone! Habits take time to change and change is uncomfortable. So expect to feel out of sorts and scared at times. Until you get used to a decreased and altered food intake, and understanding your personal obstacles (and everyone has them!) losing weight will be hard…. but still doable. Expect that and be prepared to persist and to keep persisting- it is the key to achieving anything in life! Learn to push through any mental and physical obstacles – because there will be plenty! That’s the difference between winners and losers – winners keep going! We learn how to handle different situations by experiencing them and over-coming them. Successful people grit their teeth and are prepared to fight for what they want to achieve. They also understand that weight loss does not happen overnight. Giving up is not an option for them. Persistence is the difference between just trying something and quitting when the going gets tough versus telling life to “bring it on”, hanging in there and pushing through to get where you want to be. Even if they slip-up, those successful at weight loss just keep following their meal plan and moving forward.
- FAITH. As George Michael, once said “You gotta have faith” and believe in yourself. You have to believe that your weight loss plan will work and see your diet as a joyous and doable experience (notice I didn’t say an “easy” experience). People who succeed really believe that their plan will work and all they need to do is keep moving forward. They believe in LCHF and all the veggies, healthy protein and healthy fats they are now consuming. They also have faith in themselves and believe that they are capable of losing weight. Rooting out negative self-talk whenever it appears and replacing it with positive statements such as “I have faith in myself to follow through and I know I am going to reach my goal weight” – and really feeling and believing your positive statements and continuing to use them will influence your sub conscious mind and spur you on to success. Remember – we become whatever we believe we are, so don’t overlook the building of a positive mental/emotional attitude.
- PLANNING. They have a plan as to how they will lose weight and follow it to the letter. I work with my coaching clients to developa plan for THEIR goals. Central to planning is following a customized meal plan that is designed for their unique needs. Its simple, straight forward and allows even those people who don’t like to cook to succeed! Without a plan you are going to go nowhere. The plan can be tweaked over time, as you learn what works best for you – but you gotta have a plan! Following one of our calorie and carb controlled personalized weight loss meal plans for a few weeks/months teaches you how much food you can eat. Another key is willingness to tweak your plan, to stay open to change and to try new things – especially if something is not working for you! As Einstein said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.
- SUPPORT. Having people in your corner who will encourage you, cheer you on is very helpful when losing weight. We are social beings and like to help each other and to have someone on our side when we’re making big changes in our lives – especially when the going gets tough. A good weight loss coach will help you with all of the above and provide strong guidance and support you in reaching your goal. Check out my weight loss success coaching service on my website.
A little about me and why I love doing what I do: I’m a fully accredited Holistic Health and Weight Loss Success Coach and hold a Masters degree in Public Health and Nutrition. Having experienced menopausal weight gain in my late 40’s and then lost the weight and kept it off for 7 years now, I’m especially good at helping women in their 40’s, 50’s and beyond lose weight and reclaim their bodies, their sanity and their lives! I love being a health and weight loss coach because it gives me an incredible high to help people conquer their life-long weight battle and see them achieve their long-held dream of being slim. I love to watch my clients transform into new people with a zest and energy for life that they never had before. Becoming slim makes them feel more confident and their success spills over into other areas of their lives. Losing their excess weight is a win-win-win situation for them!
If you’ve struggled to lose weight and then maintain your weight by yourself, then help is at hand.
To learn more about how I can help you, you can contact me today at email@example.com, call me at 617-543-2808 or leave your contact info below. I’ll reach out to you, we’ll set up a free phone consultation and you can tell me your story and ask me any questions you have. I look forward to hearing from you and setting you on the path to true health and happiness.
Yours in the very best of health,